Saturday, January 4, 2014

Zack’s Palm Leaf Quilt

On my nephew’s birthday and the occasion of his Bar Mitzvah I made him a quilt. I had made a few quilts before, but this was the first one I had paper pieced and also the first one that had free motion quilting. That’s the palm leaf pattern. I had seen it in a vintage quilt and found a paper pieced pattern to use. I had no idea the quilt had survived its first washing, but it showed up on a text message from my brother-in-law.
pot quilt
Whew, I have come a long way. (made in 2004) Check out the tension on the back of the quilt near the label.  And what kind of thread was I using to sew on the label? Horsehair with a whalebone needle?
pot quilt label
Anyway, it appears to have been loved and is affectionately called the “pot” quilt.
mary jane

No comments:

Post a Comment