Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fabric Fast Week 3

An alcoholic walks into a bar....oops, wrong story. A quilter on a fabric fast walks into a quilt shop. That's just what I did last Thursday. I was on I-75 near Lake City, Florida and saw a sign for Fabric Art Shop. I was by myself, so why not. No,  I did not buy a thing. I looked and even got to touch Kate Spain's new Daydream line and Zen Chic's Sphere line. All I can say is gorgeous!
Sphere Yardage Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics
Daydreams Yardage Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics
If you are in the area of the junction of I-75 and I-10 the shop is worth a stop.
I came home and finished my charming bear paw baby quilt. 
Now I'm planning on how to use my Simply Color bundle to make one of the sampler quilts from Vintage Quilt Revival.

VintageQuiltRevival Vintage Quilt Revival, the Book!
Still having fun with my stash and easily ignoring sale notices both locally and online.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful eye candy... well done on being strong, looks like you have plenty of beautiful stuff at home to keep you from straying, can't wait to see what you come up with from Vintage Quilt Revival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for my little stash fabric subscription oops for January I have done really well. Love the Simply Color. I have used mine in bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very strong and doing better than me. Well done. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for only window shopping. Can't wait to see the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are impressive with just window shopping like that!! So strong! I bought one fat quarter as my entrance fee into a Brown Bag group - have to support the quilt shop that hosts us - left it at the shop and have not purchased any fabric. The quilt I am making in the Brown Bag group is totally from stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sphere & Daydream are both on my wish list! I definitely would have bought them. You are a stronger woman than I!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed that you were able to go into a quilt store and not buy anything! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many temptations out there! But you are a tough cookie!

    ReplyDelete