I tried some close-ups of the stitch paper garland today, and here are the results.
The process I used was:
1.Make stitch paper using Christmas music and paint with metallic paint and gloss glazing liquid
2. Cut out two shapes for each ornament and stencil with white paint
3. Emboss using clear embossing powder. I used clear as the stitch paper is somewhat tacky and extra embossing powder sticks to it. The clear embossing powder doesn’t show like colors do.
4. Embellish stenciling with extra lines with Pitt extra fine pen, and paint writers
5. Add beads and sequins (the beads and sequins made it hard to stitch in the next step, might just glue them on after final step)
6. Sandwich ribbon between matching ornaments and zigzag all around. Using paper clips helped to hold the two ornaments together while stitching.
7. Touch up stitching with gold metallic paint
8. Finish ends of ribbon for hanging