Thursday, June 18, 2009

God Rested

How do you picture "God rested"? It's an abstract thought, and everything else in the book except the cover was very straight forward. The book has a whimsical feel to it, so I found a public clipart image and used it as a pattern with a piece of hand dyed fabric. For the background. I painted it nickel azo gold, let it dry, then added green swirls with a rubber stamp and Tsukineko markers. If I were doing it over, I would use a lighter or more transparent paint for the swirls. Then I attached the chair using gel medium. After it dried, I added the text. Then I put another layer of gel medium and while it was still wet, used a swirly rubber stamp sheet to give it texture. I love how this texture adds a subtle layer of interest. Paper for the chair would be easier to handle than the fabric with the gel medium.

To view another canvas book check out Judy Coates Perez Website

No comments:

Post a Comment