Friday, June 12, 2009

Dividing the sea and sky

For this one, I mixed Lumiere pearl blue with gloss heavy gel meduim and painted the seas. While it was still wet, I crumpled up a piece of plastic wrap and dabbed it on the wet paint to give dimension to the waters. To the leftover dark blue paint, I added pearl white and painted the skies. After this was dry, I used gesso to further define the separation between the two elements and give a spot for writing the text. I dry brushed the water with pearl white. When the sky was dry, I applied xpandaprint paint and puffed it up with a heat gun. The xpandaprint was expensive, and I had to order it. I tested it against Tulip puffy paint, and found no difference when they were applied wet and immediately heated with a heat gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment