Monday, June 15, 2009

fish and birds

This page took a lot of time because I just couldn't find the right images to use. I was thinking about using Sophie Nicholson's peacock image, on transfer art paper, but my printer ran out of ink in the middle of the job, spoiling the paper. So I found some wrapping paper with stylized fish and drew some birds freehand to mimic the style of the wrapping paper. I used Tsukineko fabric markers to color the birds and my favorite drawing pen, the Pitt artist fine point pen. The background was painted with Jacquard Lumiere citrine paint and a textured tissue paper was applied. After it was dry, I used white glue to attach the pictures. I added the text with the Pitt artist pen, then covered the whole project in gel medium and while it was still wet used rubber stamp sheets to give it texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment