Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Finish

I finished quilting the quilt for the wrapped in love group at my former church. I was really pleased with how it turned out.  I didn’t select the colors or fabric, the color genius Connie took care of that. I didn’t even pin baste it, I just did the free motion quilting and bound it.
jims quilt
It was densely quilted.
closeup


Here’s how I block a quilt:
I wash the quilt in cold water. This gets off all the blue washout marker lines. Then I put it in the dryer for about 5 minutes. While it is still warm. I lay it out on a freshly vacuumed carpet, and pin it to the carpet using T-pins. I had a fan handy, so I turned the fan on it and it was dry in about three hours.
blocking jims quilt
The blocking helps to flatten out the lumps that come from dense quilting and somehow, the fibers remember to stay flat in subsequent washings.
later..

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is just wonderful! Glad to see you back blogging and sharing your work. Thanks for the blocking tips-very helpful.

    ReplyDelete