Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Finishes

I’ve been watching Jacquie Gering’s Creative Quilting with your Walking Foot on Craftsy. (the first project was matchstick quilting) Here are a couple of finishes using different stitches with the walking foot.
blue scrap front
I quilted the blue scrap quilt with the serpentine stitch.   I only quilted it with about a third the rows of stitches she suggested.
You can see the texture better on the back. The quilt measures 50” X 64”.
blue scrap back
I quilted the orange bow quilt diagonally with the scallop stitch. It’s a decorative stitch on just about every machine made since 1960.This quilt is very densely quilted. It measures 30” square.
orange bow
orange bow quilting
They were both fun to do, and I highly recommend the class on Craftsy, Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot.
later

1 comment:

  1. Great quilting on both of these. Love your blue scrap quilt, the pieced backing is the perfect thing!

    ReplyDelete