Sunday, November 10, 2013

Scrappy Broken Dishes Quilt

Awhile ago I purchased two of Laura Gunn’s Edges charm packs. I think I had a plan for them, but they languished in my closet. I then bought a charm pack of the new summer 2013 Kona solids. Charm packs are 5” squares sold by manufacturers to market new lines.

Kona® Cotton, Summer '13 palette
I’ve been working on an lovely queen sized quilt which I just finished (post to follow) and I just wanted to sew something quick and easy.
I sorted through my scraps and found some orphan whites and cut 5” squares.  From the charm packs I picked out the colors of spring and summer and chose to make a baby quilt in the timeless broken dishes pattern. I have a lot of squares left over in an autumn palette which would make another nice quilt.
I haven't quilted it yet, it will go to my church group and will likely end up going to our hospital’s neo natal unit.
IMG_3663[1]
I love this pattern, there is so much movement. The top measures 41" square.

1 comment:

  1. What a great combo of the charms and scraps! This pattern with the bright fabrics looks really sparkling.

    ReplyDelete