Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Barcelona Quilt


I just found a post about this fun quilt. I intended to publish it in September.

It’s finished. The scraps I received from Brigitte at Zen Chic have been transformed. I decided rather than choosing a formal pattern I’d just have fun with the scraps and make wonky log cabins. I added some prints from the Comma and Architextures collections and threw in a few solids.
completed barcelona

Back

back

Quilting detail

quilting detail

Specifics
Fabric: Barcelona and Comma by Zen Chic, Archetextures by Carolyn Frielander, Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater, Bella solids by Moda, assorted stash fabrics
Pattern: Wonky Log Cabin
Batting: Hobbs washable wool
Thread: Superior Fantastico, Free motion quilting using Bernina 630
Size: 54” x 54”

1 comment:

  1. This is delightful! Those Barcelona fabrics are the same ones I used to make the sliced layer cake pattern you also had on your blog a few posts back. I still need to border it and get it quilted. But I like that fabric line. This quilt is just so lively!

    ReplyDelete