Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lemon Pepper Quilts

On a recent trip to the Pacific Northwest I had the occasion to stop at the wonderful Stitchin’ Post quilt shop in Sisters Oregon.
Stitchin post
It’s a beautiful quilt shop and I found a pattern named Lemon Pepper by a designer I didn’t know about, Kenna Ogg of Madison Cottage Design. I bought the pattern and a fat quarter kit to make a throw sized quilt.
Here’s a photo of the pattern (she designs other patterns too)
Madison Cottage Design Lemon Pepper
When I returned home I dug through my stash and had enough grey, mustard and black to make two quilts. One for me and one for our local hospice. The quilts were easy to make, and could be handled by a beginner. Any color way would work. I’m thinking of making it in green and yellow.
twins
The quilts measure 63”x63” and are machine quilted. I did one with multiple lines of diagonal quilting (love those Riley Blake geeky glasses)
diagonal straight line quilting
The other one I did in a 4” cross hatch.
cross hatch quilting
I machine stitched the bindings on both quilts.
Besides having a wonderful quilt shop, Sisters, Oregon is at the foot of the Cascades. On our way out of town we captured this unforgettable image. The cowboys, horses and dogs are metal sculptures.
sisters cascades

No comments:

Post a Comment