Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My take on the Fabric Forest

In this post, I wrote about my obsession with the mixed media topiary trees in the 2011 Cloth Paper Scissors Gift magazine. I am fascinated by these little circles. I knew I did not have the patience to hand fray the edges of the circles and I was not happy with the results of washing them with a load of towels, so I beaded them to add texture.
The process is positively addicting. I finished two trees today and have ideas for more projects I want to do with them.

beaded trees

Maybe they will be my holiday dessert. They do look pretty enough to eat.

canape2

Here’s an idea for a pillow from Fiskars that would use these lovelies instead of the pictured yo-yos.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan your trees look great. You have me thinking about beading now. I think I'll make the circles out of 2 to 3 layers of different felted wool, then really going crazy with the beading, maybe some French knots on the top circle, and using them as pins. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are just plain fun! The trees are wonderful... so colorful and lively.

    ReplyDelete