Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pop-up Valentine card

A friend showed me how to make a pop-up valentine last year, and when I got a call to teach children’s Sunday school last night, I knew I had to use her idea. The children were amazed at how the valentines popped out, and I have to admit, I was too. I was so amazed that I came home and made a Valentine thank you card for the friend who taught me how to make them.

Here’s how

Take an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper (cardstock is good), and fold in half both lengthwise and widthwise.

IMG_2615

Fold in half lengthwise and position a half-heart template on the bottom half of the card.

instructions2

Making sure the center of the heart template is on the fold, you will cut your heart shape from the top and from the bottom to the x’s on the template. Don’t cut all the way around, or your heart will just fall out. It needs to stay attached to the sheet of cardstock.

Open the card flat again

instructions3a

Then fold the top half to the back along the widthwise fold line, and gently pull the heart out away from the body of the card as you close it. When you re-open it, the heart pops out.

instructions4

I cut my cardstock in pink and glued one of my zentangle hearts to the pop out heart

pink card with zentangle

and wrote a simple message on the front, to thank my friend for the idea.

thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment