Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby Quilts

I find it relaxing to take a break from mixed media and make traditional quilts. It is where I started out on my studio adventures, and I enjoy the process. I usually have a couple of baby quilts on hand for gifts, but my supply was depleted. I had to get busy.

I’ve made over ten sock monkey quilts over the years. I was once a part of a quilting group that ordered bolts of the monkey fabric from the manufacturer. I probably have enough fabric to make three or four more. I’ll bind it with red.

sock monkey

I love the bright colors of this flower power quilt. I found the large flower fabric at a quilt show a few years ago at Tammy Tadd’s booth. I bought several yards of it and made a bed sized quilt and two baby quilts. I only have enough for one more baby quilt. But something new will come along to catch my eye.

flower power

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable. The Flower Power colors are just so happy, and the sock monkey always has appeal. I love making traditional quilts, too.

    ReplyDelete