Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things that are green

We’ve been traveling for a couple of weeks, and while we were gone, all manner of green things cropped up.

Just left of center in the photo below is a green chrysalis. A monarch butterfly will emerge in about a week. We counted four on our porch, and our neighbor has seven.

crysallis

I’ve been trying to establish gaillardia on one of the outside corners of our lanai. I think I have been successful. There are at least 400,000 seedlings that will need to be thinned to five plants.

galardia seedlings

The basil reseeded and is smelling wonderful. I’m waiting for Tom’s tomatoes to ripen so I can have them with basil and mozzarella.

basil

Mint is a new addition to the garden this year. I’ve learned that it has to be contained in a pot. We made mint juleps yesterday for the Derby.

mint

The weather is finally warm enough for me and the reptiles that live on our lanai. I do love summer, even if I do have to tolerate the likes of these.

chameleon

Laurel is thinking about using a variety of green vases for table decorations for the wedding, so I scored a few at our church rummage sale on Saturday.

green vases

No comments:

Post a Comment