Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines for my family

For at least 20 years, my husband, daughters and I have exchanged home made valentines. They are all far more clever with words than I am, so I have to compensate with art or sewing skills. For this year’s valentines I bought three decks of cards, pulled out the hearts and jokers and began embellishing. I had made a big piece of stitch paper which I cut and glued to chipboard, and that became the front and back covers. I then put stickers with sentiments on the hearts and bound them all together with a ring.

front cover

Since Tom makes my lunch most days after playing tennis…

great serve

He is an enabler of my art addiction…

art addiction

Signature page

last page

Back cover

back cover

I didn’t get photos of the ones for my daughters before I sent them out, but they were the same style with different sentiments.

Over the years we have had some great valentines, it is an event we all look forward to.

This fantastic idea came from Heather at Dollar Store Crafts

3 comments:

  1. I just knew you would put your valentine's on your blog and I couldn't wait! Great idea!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I made one for my (now) hubby when we were dating many years ago, but instead put the deck back into the box and covered the box with paper. I like the book idea better! I also feel like you could make this at anytime for any of your loved ones as a "Just Because". Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a great idea for members of the family to trade homemade valentines with each other. Usually I just make something for the kids and that's it. Will definitely do this next year. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete