Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fabric Fast Final Exam

A few months ago I finished a pair of twin quilts using lots of my V. and Co., Kate Spain and other stash fabrics.

churn dash

They have been languishing in my closet waiting for backs. why you ask? It’s my fabric fast. I would have liked to purchase 6-8 yards of the same fabric and be done with it, but I have this huge stash of small yardage. I had selected some of that yardage, but never could get inspired to make it work. I also wanted to use some of the orphan blocks from my Vintage Modern Quiltalong fail, but how? The task seemed overwhelming.

Enter Patti Wagon:

Much designing was done on paper

design papers

and on the design wall

on the design wall

I did not have enough fabric to make them identical, but PattiWagon and I are both pleased with the two unique pieced backs.

pieced back 1

pieced back 2

Some day I’ll get them basted and quilted, but for now I’m happy that they are ready to go.

Later…

2 comments: