Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Introducing Palette Builder

I’m having a great time with Rachel’s Color Intensive class. Today she introduced us to the free online tool Palette Builder.
When the site opens it asks you to load an image. This can be any digital image from your computer or the web. The tool, selects spots on your image and suggests Kona Cotton solids to match. You can click on the spots and move them to a different area of your image, and a different color will be selected. I think Benjamin Moore has a phone app that does something similar with paint colors, but this is the first fabric color tool I have found.
I loaded the fabric mosaic I made last week and spent some time playing with color selections.  Now not only can I waste my time on Instagram, but now with Color Builder.

spring mosaic with kona
Just in case you want to join the fun, there is a button on the right side of the blog that will take you right to the website.
Later..

1 comment: