Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mixed Media Christmas Collage

The tree is up, the cards are done, the shopping is nearly completed. I have a fun shopping trip and dinner with a friend coming soon, but it’s been too long since I’ve made art.
Inspired by Jenn Mason’s post, here’s a quick Christmas collage.

mixed media to publish
I used Christmas carol music sheets for the trees and embellished them by tying on gold jump rings, sewing on a fiber garland and adding tiny metal paper fasteners. For the night sky, I covered the black gesso with Payne's grey acrylic, with just a dab each of interference blue and iridescent stainless steel. While the paint was still tacky, I stamped some swirls which gave a bit of dimension. It was a fun project, and my first collage on a canvas board.

1 comment:

  1. Saw this on the CPS site, too. It looks really good! I love the little trims on the trees. Paper, paint, fabric... it's all good!

    ReplyDelete