Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Headboard Rescue

I’ve been taking an online class from Julie Prichard and Chris Cozen entitled Color Beyond the Basics. It’s a class all about acrylic paint, it’s properties and the ways you can manipulate it. My artistic painting skills need development, but today I tackled a project that has been annoying me.

The paint on our metal headboard had worn off in spots, and needed to be touched up. But it was a mix of many colors of paint applied in layers. Before I took the class the job of repainting it was too intimidating. In the class I learned enough to identify the colors in the headboard and today I repainted.

Here's the before picture

bed before painting

And the after one. The curled piece shows the original finish. I only painted the horizontal and vertical parts.

bed after painting

1 comment: