Saturday, September 14, 2013

End of an Era

Last week I finished the last of my sock monkey fabric, today I finished the last of my giant Gerber daisy fabric.  I made at least seven baby quilts from this pattern as well as a queen sized bed quilt.
flower quilt
The fabric is no longer available, so I’m going to have to go shopping. My other quilts in this series were quilted with a cross hatch design, but I decided to try the serpentine stitch for this one. Here’s a link to last week’s post about the  serpentine stitch. It’s from Bernina, but the multi-point zigzag stitch is a utility stitch on just about every sewing machine. To get the serpentine look, it’s all in a matter of adjusting the width and length of the stitch. I quilted the vertical rows 1 1/2” apart. I used Superior Bottom Line thread in the top and bottom. It's a very thin thread which just gives texture.
closeup2
Back view
front and back
It’s also the last of this Henry Glass print too. Sad smile
I really like the look of V and Co.’s tutorial on the oversized Dutchman’s puzzle block. Maybe this is my next series? Click on the photo to go to Vanessa’s tutorial for this pattern.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a happy quilt! I like the serpentine stitch for the quilting. Will have to give it a try. "Used it all up" is almost a foreign concept, but I'm impressed that you have done so with the two prints.

    ReplyDelete